Wednesday, September 27, 2006

And all that jazz



For weeks now, all Nikyla has been talking about is Dance school. She would be going to Dance school soon, she has said this to anyone who listened to her. Well today was finally the day for her to go. The same school as her friends Meghan and Erin, who are older, whom she looks up to and she just adores (my friend Chantal's kids). This class was totally dominated by little adorable blonde kids, the brunettes were adorable too just 90% of the kids in that class happened to be blonde. Nikyla loved it as I knew she would. However saying that I am not overly impressed with the class today for a couple of reasons. First, I understand kids not sitting and listening but I thought that is why the kids were suppose to be 3 and older, kids running around in this class. Nikyla seems to be the oldest, I am going to ask the age range next time. Second, there was a kid who kept going up to the stereo and playing with it and all the parents around me were laughing and saying awe... I think I was the only one there thinking wtf, this isn't cute and we only have 30 minutes here and they are having to chase some of these kids around. I know all kids don't listen but really we are paying too much for only a half hour, in my eyes. Last, the class ended 5 minutes early, they weren't even in there a full half hour! I guess my first and second point are the same but really am I just being too anal again saying that they are there 30 minutes and to have to chase kids around and end early is not something I really am impressed with. They are dancing for about 15 minutes in total. My mom has paid for half of the School for Nikyla's Christmas present, she loves it, there is no way out of this I just wish it was at least 45 minutes or even an hour. When she took gymnastics it was an hour, she did very well at that too. She has super upper arm strength. I hope next week goes better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would feel the same way. I know that my 2 year-old is too little for a dance class - I'd be wrangling her the entire time!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of Nikyla. I don't blame you for being annoyed either. I know dance classes aren't cheap and there is a reason why they are for ages 3 and up.