Monday, July 31, 2006

All I am missing is my tiara

I am now officially 30 years old. I still feel the same, good, I think that is a good sign. I had a fabulous birthday weekend celebrations. I say celebrations because one of my best friends and I are born a day apart. So we usually celebrate our birthday's together. On the Friday my parents came down, they live about 2.5 hours away. Saturday we made a trip to Costco, I love that place. There I glanced at the rest of the co-ordinating jewelry that matched my 30th birthday ring, a princess cut Amethyst surrounded by diamonds in a square shape and continued down the band. I sighed, the pendant and earrings must too expensive but I might sneak in the pendant suggestion for Christmas, I promise I will be good Santa. So then we, my hubby and I got ready for my other friends surprise birthday party that night. Score a night out, sans kids! Got my present from 'the girls'(girlfriends), they got me a pair of earrings that matched, (but not the matching set) to my '30th birthday' ring, I LOVE them!! Amethyst with a little diamond beside it, tres cute. But we didn't stay out too late, after all, Dan was planning and putting all together a bbq for my birthday on the Sunday afternoon and he knew we had tones to do. He did a great job and my best friend and other birthday friend came over and put the finishing touches on and helped out with some salads. Voila, a wonderful decorated backyard to have a 30th birthday party in and lots of delicious food. Then came one of the best parts, presents!! I got an hour massage at The Spa, oh I can't wait!! Some other beautiful earrings, a nice smelly candle, Woody's Blueberry coolers (how can you go wrong with my fav drink!), other little nice gifts and from my girls, the matching pendant necklace to my ring, I was totally shaking and flabbergasted!!! I looked at Dan, WOW....total shock I tell you. Then in walks my MIL singing at the top of her lungs, she always means well and is totally excited. She's a cute little, tiny Euro woman. She gives me a kiss, and my present in this cute little beach bag I just love. I peek in, some more perfume that I like, not too strong to wear to work. Great thanks...oh there's more. Nice. It's a box, too big to be the earrings, or is it... Yep it's the mucho expensive earrings!!!!! I am at a loss for words and if you know me that NEVER happens and I am actually emotional. I close the box and look around, wow, I am in total shock now. My MIL was laughing, it was cute, all I could say was I can't believe this. I put it all on, got glamed up an took pics with my bling bling on. Now Cinderella is ready for any ball, granted I have a dress that matches purple!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jaime! I hope you're blinding your co-workers today with your new jewels :)

Jaime said...

Yes I did! Except the earrings, my friends got me more casual earrings, the matching set were a little too over the top lol