Wednesday, July 26, 2006

1 day down & 1 year to go....

Today went better than expected, how fantastic is it to say that. Relief off my mind that Jersey wasn't all too hard on the new sitter, that was my biggest worry. Well actually the only real 'hard' part is her sleeping. See, she was great at getting to sleep (don't get this confused with staying asleep) before her earaches, so now everytime she goes down, she associates it with pain. Or so I think anyway, that is my feeling I get. Sitter said she was a little difficult in the morning but great in the afternoon, whew! I hope tomorrow and the days to follow only get easier. I am sure Jersey had a blast being doated on by her older kids and Nikyla well she was just having a ball period. She loves it there, and didn't want to come home, sure sign of an awesome sitter, mother and friend. I have no idea how I am going to find a replacement for her, she has been so in tune with Jersey ever since she was born. My search continues, I have another number to call again tomorrow, let's cross our fingers folks!
On the sleeping note, Jersey for the first time slept 2 1/2 hours uninterrupted before midnight, AMAZING!!! Being at the sitters must have just knocked the poop right out of her, I should have sent her there since birth!
Lastly, on the job note. Things went well, overwhelming on how I am to cram ALL this work into a 6.5 hour day but I'll get through it. My brain is in overload right now and must sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I cried every day for the first week when I went back to work after my maternity leave was over. Both times. Sounds like you're doing really great... I haven't heard of any easy way to make the back to work adjustment, just wait it out and plan on it getting better each day. And you're a mom - you can certainly figure out a way to get everything done in less time than you ever thought possible.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Jersey on the 2.5 hour stretch! Madeline's longest sleep stretch is also before midnight, and I guess that ones of these days I ought to go to bed early so that I can enjoy that.

I'm glad that things went better than expected with the girls on the first day. First weeks anywhere are overwhelming but I'm happy to hear you sounding so positive about your new gig.

Jaime said...

Thanks girls! I don't mind going back to work, however I did really enjoy my mat leave this time much more than last.
Jersey did that 2.5 stretch once..ugh. When I picked up Jersey Friday or Thursday, Chantal reinforced my thinking that there is something with Jersey, just can't put my finger on it or what exactly to say to the Dr. I think I should have asked Dan to go throuh to be a Dr instead of an IT guy.