Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My last day

Ok so this being the last day we woke up and planned on spending the day at home, nice, relaxing and trying to put Jersey onto some sort of a schedule. Well morning nap came and she screamed, I am not sure if she is having issues like not wanting to nap which is a little unlike her or is she not feeling well.... So I made an appointment with the pediatrician to get her checked out again. She is flailing around, arching her back, screaming like crazy, all I can keep thinking is I hope she is better for the sitter than she is with me. She use to be just fine to put down before this whole ear thing came along. So I let her cry it out and then check on her, try to rocker her until she tires herself out...an hour later she is down. All this work for a half hour, what the.... ok fine, let's get dressed. We play around I am trying to get things ready to take for the sitter then we do lunch with our neighbour who has a hankering for Subway. Ok, let's walk and I can get the mail at the same time, it starts to rain, so let's drive. We get there and no high chairs, what so called fast food joint is this??!! While I am there I get a call from my friend who needs her basinette back and is on her way to come and get it, it's loaded with clothes, ok so I have to get home anyway and get this ready. Lunch to go. We all eat at home by ourselves, no neighbour, her kids need to go down for a nap too. So it is nap time once again. I am sure this time she will go down, although she did hate her carseat, clear sign she isn't happy at all. So I put her down let her cry for a bit then go in an rock her in the chair or standing with her on my hip rocking her with her head on my chest...seems nice little cuddle time, no she is wailing and flailing again. Finally after a half hour she is down, great getting better! Another half hour nap... What is up with that??!! So I get all of 20 minutes to myself, not good in a day, I really, really hope that Chantal has much better luck than I. I will bring you some beer to help you through it!! I wonder what the night will bring. So my idea of having a really nice last day at home with my kids has turned very frustrating and not having much time for Nikyla, who is just playing around, dressed up, looking to put her stickers in her sticker book and me read to her. Ah she's a good kid, really is.
Now, I need some sleep, how am I every going to get some of that? Dan has hockey tonight and last night I went shopping then to Moxie's with 2 of my friends, it was oh so nice, except there was a baby that kept crying, I could have done without that since I was sans kids. BUT I will count my blessings and this was a great night out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hug for you, Jaime! I really wish that today has turned out to be more memorable in a positive way.

Jaime said...

Thanks Laura, I totally needed that virtual hug! I was so happy to see my girls today when I picked them up with these big grins on their faces, best part of my day!