Monday, June 26, 2006

My prayer have been answered

Ok I got one of the best phone calls tonight. A nursery school mom is taking her kids out of daycare for 1 year, she will tell the sitter this tomorrow and I just happen to need a sitter for 1 year, this works out perfect, n'est pas? I asked about the daycare provider and she comes with excellent references. She has other kids there, which I was hoping for a bit because I wanted Nikyla to still have that social aspect, not only at Nursery school but at the sitters as well and gives her and Jersey someone else to play with besides each other. I liked what the mother had to say to me about the sitter and that she wants to put her kids back in with that sitter after 1 year, makes my mind a bit more at ease with the whole leaving your kids with someone else. SO I just need her to call me tomorrow and say I have an opening, I hope she has no one else on the list ahead of me, she told me that there has been other people inquiring. I was getting kinda worried since I start work in 4 weeks...eek, it is coming on quickly!
Speaking of work, I was talking with a friend today about going back to work and she had asked how I felt about that. Made me think... I do like working, I like using what is left of my brain and not being 'on call' for 24-7, however in that same breath, I have loved being off on mat leave this time, I think more than last. I have a few other friends off with me at the same time and we usually meet up about once a week. I have met mom's in the same town as me and we have had playdates, Nikyla has been in Nursery school and gymnastics and I just have really enjoyed being off with both of the kids. I guess that is why this year has flown by...

No comments: