Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Figures

Just as I am at one of the best moments of Jersey's life, she takes a turn. Finally after we got diagnosed with GERD and I think Jersey will finally sleep peacefully and well, she has the side effects... She has diarrhea, bloating and cramping and after talking to my lifesavor of a friend she told me that it is the Sorbital, the sweetener in it that gives Jersey the side effects. I can't believe after waiting for sooo long to get someone to listen to me, she finally gets diagnosed and then has bad side effects. I feel so bad for this little girl! Thankfully we have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9:20am with the pediatrician again and hopefully we can get something else as opposed to the Ranitidine. I hope she feels some sort of relief soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorbital? Why on earth is that being put in there? Good grief! I hope that there a better alternative out there for Jersey. I am really astounded that her regular doc did not catch this (or did not want to consider GERD, from what you suggest in your previous post).

Jaime said...

Sorbital sweetens the medicine for the kids, I am assuming that is one of the safest sweetners with the least amount of side effects.
I have no idea if my regular doctor even knows about GERD (I am sure he does) BUT I think he thinks I am just a crazy woman with a child that won't sleep through the night. Hopefully soon she will be sleeping through or longer than 1 1/2 hours and grow out of it.... I hope...