Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lesson learned

About a week or so ago Nikyla learnt how exactly to open up the doors, she knew before but lacked the ability to actually turn and pull at the same time. So I am going to go to go and get the latches that I can attach to the top of the doors. However at the time we were leaving to go somewhere and Nikyla opened the door and proceeded to go outside, I was still inside getting Jersey and I ready to head out. I yelled for Nikyla a couple of times and she finally came around and said yeah mom. I said can you please come in here, I need to talk to you. She came in and I said Nikyla you can't go out the doors without me....what would you do if a stranger walked up to you? She looked at me blankly, I said if a stranger or someone you don't know walks up to you scream as loud as you can for me ok... She then proceeded to cry and said mommy I don't want anyone to take me away from you, my heart broke! I said no no honey I am just letting you know what to do if someone comes over to you... needless to say my efforts to try and teach Nikyla about strangers didn't go over so well. So I guess she isn't entirely ready yet for that talk yet, I felt so bad!

No comments: