Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Lurkers and updates

Ok you lurkers, and you know who you are!! It seems so lonely here, I have my faithful blogger friend Laura who keeps me company here and a couple others who have left a comment here and there. Don't be shy to leave comments, I enjoy them!
Ok so that out of the way, new updates. The girls now have a Pediatrician and we are VERY happy about it. Our old Dr. just wasn't cutting it. I felt that the advice or lack there of and the listening factor wasn't there. He was the one that didn't believe me when I said there was something up with Jersey, he said "just let her cry it out, that is all that is wrong". I just had a feeling there was something more to it and I was right, but before I knew there was something wrong I really doubted myself and my abilities. This guy is great and really listens, gives suggestions and asks what would you like to do. I brought Nikyla to her 2 year check up with our old Dr. and he had said so what are you doing here, I said for her check up and he said "We don't do check ups, you come to me when she needs a needle or when she is sick, that's it." I was hearing of all these other people going to get check ups done where our Dr. was just too busy and didn't feel the check ups are necessary, he was not great at helping me on the advice side either about feeding and such. This Dr has now sent Jersey to go and get a food allergy test done just to be safe. She is in a much better demeanor since she started taking the Prevacid but still VERY gassy. So he would like to eliminate the possibility of it being a food allergy. See nice guy! He has fun stuff at his office too Nikyla has lots to do and play with when we are there, not to mention spiderman hanging from the ceiling along with some Incredibles and such. Fun guy too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me commenting again! I think it's nice to keep up-to-date as it's harder for me to sit down and commit to an actual email :)

Very cool that you found an actual Pediatrician! In Calgary, only children with prolonged or serious illnesses get to see pediatricians. Madeline has a family doctor, but he's happy to see her for check-ups. I would not have been impressed with N and J's old doctor, either.

Interesting about the allergy testing. I am planning on taking Madeline for that in a bit just because her dad has a serious tree nut allergy ...

Anonymous said...

I think it's hard to find a Dr. that will not only listen to concerns, but really work to help figure out what might be going on. When Sophie was about two months old, I figured out that her eczema was caused by an allergic reaction to dairy. I cut it out of my diet when I was nursing her, and it cleared right up. Since that time, she hasn't had dairy, except for the small amounts I try to introduce to see if she's outgrown it yet.

Our Dr. has encouraged us to wait until she's 2 before going through any testing since many kids outgrow their allergies by that age. However, I'm very glad that I did a little experimenting to see if we could narrow down the possibilities. I can't imagine how difficult it would have been for the past year if we hadn't cut dairy out of her diet.