Saturday, August 19, 2006

Drum Roll Please

Every week our neighbours come down and we do dinner together every Thursday to watch The O.C. Since it isn't on anymore we usually rent a movie. BUT this week we did it on Wednesday, why you might ask, well she was being induced on the Thursday. So I dubbed it our last dinner, since they will have their hands full from now on. As Bronwen and I sat here, I couldn't be more excited for her. She was nervous and excited. Ah brought me back to my first L&D. I was freaked out at the end the last month. What had I done??!! But I said remember woman do this everyday and they go on to have more AND they now have majical drugs. Ok relieved me a bit but still it was the whole unknown of it all, was it going to be long, short, unbearable and how was I going to handle it all. Well I must say I was proud of myself and of my hubby too. We did just great and so did our neighbours Bronwen and Jody. After about 24 hours of labour Bronwen delivered a beautiful baby boy weighing in at 8lbs 15oz, his name is Braydon William. What fantastic parents they are going to be, I am ubber excited for them. We had a wee bit of a party here last night for the new daddy and had a blast. I went in today to go see the little guy, he is sooooooooo adorable! I was loving holding this little bundle, I think I did for about 20 minutes, then I had to put him down, he was a little heat bundle. Doesn't make me want to have another one ............ entirely but I like holding, visiting, playing then giving them back, so much easier!!

No comments: