Monday, December 04, 2006

Double checking is a good thing

Since, at least, last week we have been so busy I barely have time to sleep. And I LOVE sleep.
Let's go back in time .... say last Thursday. The sitter called me at work and her kids are sick and throwing up. I should go and get Jersey, as Nikyla was in school. I asked her if she could watch Jersey just another half hour, for me to clean up at work and then pick up Nikyla on the way, save me from packing up Jersey twice. Sure she says. Great! I get ready at work by bringing some of it home to work on, pack it all up and I planned out the rest of my time. Run my errands for work with the kids, will take longer but needs to be done. So I get to the nursery school, I am running now, as I am late... as usual. Then I remember, I forgot money for her field trip, head back to the Blazer and grab it. Run in, sign a made permission form since I lost my 'official' form, give the money, grab her art work while she is explaining her day to me then head out the door. Grab for the keys to unlock the door and they aren't there... ok they must be in the school, I must have put them down when I signed my handmade form. Let's run back in, we have no time to lose, we were suppose to be at the sitters now 15 minutes ago. I look around, not there... you gotta be joking me right??!! RIGHT??!!! I have often panicked that I locked my keys in the truck but it has never actually happened. I take Nikyla by the hand and run out to the truck and peer in the window, yep there they are in my purse. Lovely. Dan is in Ottawa and taken off days last week... Ok let's call my trusty neighbour, thankgoodness for neighbours! She packs up her 3 kids and comes to pick us up. By this time I am over another half hour late. I am sure everyone knows by now, we are rarely on time. To sum up, I called Dan asked him to come home early or right after work, he is off at 4pm daily. Needless to say we walked in our door at 5:30pm. Better late then never right???

No comments: