Friday, December 15, 2006

How much have you done?

I am, say 90% done my Christmas shopping. I know things I want to get, well most, but it's the time to get out and get them! I am trying to teach Nikyla a couple of things this Christmas. First, I try to explain to her this is Jesus' birthday but we all celebrate it. I would like to take our family to the Church Christmas Service this Sunday, and make that a yearly tradition. Second I am trying to explain that it is great to give gifts and how it makes her feel by receiving them, so by her giving gifts makes others feel that way, that great feeling. I am not sure she gets it but she is very excited to head out, just the 2 of us and go Christmas shopping together. She is going to go and get some special gifts for friends and family. We did have the Christmas shoppe, she only shopped for 2 family members. I really wanted to take her out, to see her train of thought on choosing a gift. I would like to see her choose a gift and put it in Toy Mountain for children that don't have a Christmas gift. I am not sure she will understand but I would like to make it a tradition. Are there any traditions you are going to pass down or start with your family?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you trying to teach Nikyla about Christmas and how nice it is to give gifts. I think having her pick a gift for the Toy Mountain is wonderful. I'm not sure what traditions I'd like to have with Hayley. I guess I'd better start working on that.