Sunday, January 14, 2007

Princess in Training

I know that there are many parents out there that have difficulties giving their children medicine. Luckily to this point both kids have liked medicine. Nikyla has had a bit of a sore throat and a cough lately and a low grade fever. Tonight I was giving her something for her cough, the conversation went something like this...
"Oh I like that flavor, what is it mom?" Nikyla asked
"I don't know" I replied
"I think it's fruit punch. Mom, if I get the chicken pops can I have a bandaid?" she asked
"Sure" I said "but you might need a bit more than a bandaid hon"
Nikyla loves to visit the Doctors, get checked out and doted on.
Speaking of doted on .... Today was a special day for her, she went skating on our outdoor rink for the first time and did well. Then she decided she wanted to invite our neighbours daughter who is 10. So our neighbours daughter came out, she is really great with Nikyla, and skated for a bit on the rink. Then they jumped on the trampoline, drew a bit on the pavement and then Nikyla dictated that they should now go inside. When this happens usually I will invite our neighbour over for coffee while her and my daughter play about. However today she was busy but her daughter still came over. Nikyla tells her what to do the whole time and the sweet girl just plays along to make sure that Nikyla is always happy. I went for a nap and when I woke I had expected our neighbour girl to be gone, but she was still here playing and I heard from Nikyla "run for your life" as they were playing run away from Jersey monster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's really interesting that Nikyla has such a positive attitude with medication and chicken pox and such. When I think about it, Madeline's only had good associations, so maybe she's like that to, except her language isn't as sophisticated.

I am looking forward to taking M skating for the first time!

Anonymous said...

You're lucky that both of the girls are good with taking their medicine. Hayley used to be good and now, for some reason, she refuses to take medicine from me.

We took Hayley skating during the Christmas break and she loved it. I think Shaun has aspirations of her playing on the Canadian Women's Olympic Hockey team.